Reporting Application Errors
If you encounter an error in a ViewAR Application, please do let us know as soon as possible! Because errors may have various sources, in order to help us quickly identify the issue, please try to provide as much information as possible. In this case: the more the merrier. Below you'll find some guidelines to get you started.
- Which application were you using?
- Was it a dedicated app or were you testing a Bundle ID through the ViewAR SDK App?
- Which version did you use?
- Where did you get the application from? (AppStore, Play Store, Test Server)
Include a precise device description:
- Brand and model
- Operating System version
- Online / offline
- Did you start the application for the first time or had you been using that particular application (also - version) on that device before?
Precisely describe the steps neccessary to reproduce the error:
- Which buttons were tapped? (also - how many times, in which order)
- How did the application react? (no reaction / freeze / crash)
- Did you manage to reproduce the error? If so, was it every time or only once in a while? (if possible, please try 3 times)
Screenshots / Screen recording
Take a series of screenshots / screenrecording documentating how to re-create the error. Make sure that all factors which may be influencing the performance of the application are visible (camera image, lighting conditions, actions triggered).
For iOS devices, you may use an in-built Screen Recording functionality. Here is how to find it: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207935
For Android, you will need a thrid-party application of your choosing.
- Approximate date and time of testing the application.
- Conditions description
- indoors / outdoors
- floor (e.g. wood, tiles, grass)
- lighting conditions (e.g. sunny day, dark room with local lighting)
Please send all the information to: email@example.com and we will come back to you as soon as possible!